Sunday, January 02, 2005

Did you SEE it...

We went and rode again today, but this time James babysat (sitted?) and I went with Traci to teach her to ride. Oh man...

It was excruciating at first. There was a time when I was almost ready to give up and come home. As the day went along though, I have to admit I was pretty proud of her. She got to where she could ride pretty well, and once we got it all straightened out she only wrecked once.

I'm getting a lot better also. I left the ground for the first time today. It was insane... it's like I got my first kiss or something. I kept asking Traci "Did you SEEE that?!"

Traci: "Yes I saw it"

Me: "But did you SEE what I DID?!?!"

Traci: "Yes... I saw it."

Me: "Did you see me..."

Traci: "Would you shut up already... let's go!"

(OK she didn't really say "shut up" but I'm sure that was what she was thinking)

I'm sure that first one wasn't that impressive looking, but it felt like I was Jeremy Mcgrath or something... like I was a mile high. Anyway, they got better after that. I doubt I'll be on the cover of any magazines soon though.

I rode all day, kicked ass and never had any trouble at all. Then we pulled up to the trailer to load up and I hit the front brake too hard in the gravel and I laid it over.

I rode like a pro where nobody could see me, but as soon as there are 25 hardcore riders around I lay it down lol. What a dork. Oh well, nobody laughed or said anything. Actually all the people we've met riding have been awesome... really friendly and helpful.

I think James and I are going back again after church tomorrow. I have about 30 things I'd like to get done before we pick back up and I can tell I'm not gonna get any of them finished. Well, at least I got a haircut.

Between riding, working on the article I mentioned, playing my new video game I got for Christmas from my very cool Mom in law (Full Spectrum Warrior... I could do a whole post about how cool this game is.), and watching The Sopranos (We're completely addicted now, we rented the first disc of Season 2 and watched all four episodes in one night), I'm booked solid. One more day of freedom and then it's back to work, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home