Monday, April 11, 2005

military acronyms and jargon

I got a comment about military acronyms. I hadn't realized that I used them as much as I did in that particular post. I figured I would put some of them up here, and everyone can add their own in the comments.

ORP - OBJECTIVE RALLY POINT

CCP - CASUALTY COLLECTION POINT

QRF - QUICK REACTION FORCE

TCP - TRAFFIC CONTROL POINT

EPW - ENEMY PRISONER OF WAR

KIA - KILLED IN ACTION

LP/OP - LISTENING POST OBSERVATION POST

MOUT - MILITARY OPERATIONS IN URBAN TERRAIN

COMMEX

- COMMUNICATIONS EXERCISE

ANCD - AUTOMATED NET CONTROL DEVICE

OPFOR - OPPOSING FORCE

COB - CIVILIAN ON THE BATTLEFIELD

STX - SITUATIONAL TRAINING EXERCISE

FTX - FIELD TRAINING EXERCISE

NBC - NUCLEAR BIOLOGICAL CHEMICAL

CS - CHLOROH... CHLOROHRDRA... UHHH... TEAR GAS

There are a million more. We could do a whole post on army slang and jargon pretty easily too. If you have a favorite military way of saying something and I haven't heard it before you will win a ... well, nothing. But I might use it on a Private someday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great site

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home