Sunday, October 09, 2005

Trivia Question answer...

As much as I don't want to talk about football right now, I owe you an answer on the Bevo Question. Most people on both websites, (I have a mirror site on xanga.com) gave the same story that I had heard about the brand being changed from 13-0 to BEVO.

The truth, according to the UT website, is that although the stupid cow...ummmm sorry... uhhh... bull WAS branded by the aggies with a huge 13-0, the brand was never changed and he was eventually slaughtered and BBQd, with the 13-0 side being served to the aggies at a football banquet.

The name BEVO apparently either comes from a brand of near-beer that was popular at the time, or from the fact that beeve is plural for beef, and during the first decade of the 20th century everyone knew this.

I like the other version better, but apparently it's an urban legend that is still going strong after 90 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home