Sunday, April 23, 2006

I'm still here...

Check this comment out..

"Are you okay? Do you have someone to chat with? "

LOL

Yeah... I'm fine. better than fine actually.
I guess it seems like I've dropped off the planet as far as blogging goes. In reality, I've just been busy with the real world for a few months now and kind of got out of the habit of writing for a while.

Here's the short version of what's been going on lately...
Of course i am no longer a Drill Sergeant, I left my prior duty station and reported to a light infantry unit in Colorado. We kept our old house and rented it out, and bought another house here in Colorado. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and it probably is, but it's been a lot of work.

As soon as I got moved in here we went to the field for a while and then I had to go back to Ft Benning for 6 weeks of ANCOC. I just got back and we are going to the field again. It looks like we'll be in the field a lot for the next few months, and that's actually a good thing. It is not possible to be too well trained. We will get some time off eventually, but right now we have a lot to do.

As for the previous post that confused some people, I put that there as an explanation of sorts for my newest tattoo. My mom was irritated because I wouldn't tell her what it meant. The explanation is deeper than that verse alone, but that should suffice to put her mind at ease.

Interestingly, that same verse was the final one talked about today in church.
Very strange coincidence since I don't think it's been mentioned specifically before in any service that I can recall.

Anyway, as far as the blogging goes, I don't think I'l be doing much of it now that I have an Infantry Platoon to take care of. I like to write, but it's a pretty low priority with almost certain deployment on the horizon. Maybe if/when we get deployed I'll post whatever I can.

Meanwhile, I still get emails from a few people. I especially like hearing from Russ V. He sends me his writing from time to time, and even though I'm not good at responding, I always read and enjoy them. He is also an old school Screaming Eagle, one of the guys who led the way in SE Asia before most of us were out of diapers. I will try to post some of his work occasionally.

Anyway, I'll check here once in a while and probably post from time to time, but there's no telling how often.

Also, all the people who are/were involved with the Soldiers Angels and other organizations that sent care packages and Christmas presents and stuff to the soldiers, the guys in my platoon raved about you all. You had a significant impact on morale and helped tremendously.

Rob

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I was just worried for you, you know. I enjoyed reading your posts, and just felt concerned. Glad you're okay and all is busy and right in your world.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the silence wasn't from checking out that governor. Cheers.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI ROB! I JUST STARTED READING YOUR BLOG. I BELONG TO THE SOLDIERS ANGELS LETTER WRITING TEAM. I WRITE TO ABOUT 50 SOLDIERS EVERY WEEK. SOME ARE EVERYWHERE IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND SOME ARE AT HOME FROM BEING WOUNDED. YOU ALL ROCK! I'M SO PROUD AND HONORED TO KNOW YOU AND WRITE TO YOU. YOU ARE ALL HEROES TO ME. GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND KEEP YOU SAFE

10:35 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Glad to know all is well with ya and you are enjoying being back in the Infantry. Take care God Bless

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Girls Don't Zine said...

I enjoyed reading your postt

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Girls Don't Zine said...

Loved reading thiss thanks

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home