Thursday, October 13, 2005

Colorado Pictures...


It started this the day before we climbed Uncompahgre..





Ummm... it's still September, and it's 90 degrees in SC...




This could've been a great picture... if I hadn't blinked.





Two outstanding human beings I am privileged to know...






We left at 4AM thinking we could reach the summit by dawn...





This is a long time after dawn... but we did make it to the summit eventually...





Success.





14,309 ft.





I feel a deep sense of accomplishment, and a horrible lack of oxygen. We take pictures and LEAVE before any of us get altitude sickness.

7 Comments:

Blogger Frederick said...

Nice shots...

5:54 PM  
Blogger Rocky Mountain Rat Girl said...

I think you guys are NUTS, however... beautiful pictures! Gotta love Colorado. =D

11:10 AM  
Blogger GIJared said...

What were you climbing?

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great pictures. I'll leave the climbing to you - but I love looking at the pics. Yeah I know it can't touch seeing the real thing - but I get cold too easily. *grin*

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a new post about a drill sergeants life?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Fermina Daza said...

GOD, I miss Colorado. Thanks for the pictures!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Chevy Rose said...

Was there in '85, but I rode up and skiied down...;)

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home