Monday, January 21, 2008

no really....

I do intend to start writing more. I've been busy goofing off.

Still working on the jeep. It runs a lot better, but I still havent fixed the main problem with it, which is a "bucking" that happens after I've been going for a while.

So far I've put a new 21 gallon polymer tank on it, replaced almost every component of the electrical/ignition system (except for the actual distributor, which is next), grounded teh engine to the frame correctly, and done the timing correctly (it was way off).

Next up is the distributor and maybe an electric fuel pump, but I dont think the fuel pump has anything to do with it.

I've also been learning to snowboard. I think they are going to put me in a video game pretty soon. I'll be one of those characters you can unlock and play, if you want to play a giant 200 lb 36 year old oaf with a built in ability to instantly become horizontal with no warning at random times.

Actually, I'm having a blast and learning pretty quickly. A friend of mine said that if you want to learn how to snowboard, go jump off the roof of your house 5 times in a row, landing on your tailbone every time, and that's what you will feel like after the first day.

He was exactly right. At the end of my first day, it felt exactly like when I took his advice and threw myself off the roof five times, landing on my tailbone.

I've been out three times now, and I don't fall nearly as often now. When I do fall though, It hurts a lot worse because I'm usually going much faster than I used to. Last time I crashed into some deep powder off the groomed trail, and almost completely buried myself. I think my board was probably visible, but that was about it.

Another time I decided I wanted to imitate the other boarders I saw zipping all around me, and I intentionally went off the trail at some fresh powder, my plan being to just cut between some trees and come out on the other side, looking marginally cool.

It didnt work out that way.

After doing a little research, I've discovered that my board should be about 10-12 cm longer than the one the rental guys have been giving me, especially if I want to get within 10 meters of anything resembling powder.

As soon as I hit the powder, I sank like a stone long enough for the front of my board to dig into the snow and make a 90 degree turn toward the center of the earth. It isnt nearly as painful when you wreck in powder, but it hurt a little worse since I did it on purpose... and not far from the lift line where a dozen or so spectators were standing around with nothing better to do than wait for someone to crash and burn.

11 Comments:

Blogger StoicMom said...

Glad to see you didn't leave your sense of humor back in Iraq.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -
I am a xanga and LJ nut... and I go to comment you... and what do I find but that you have vacated xanga. :-P Goofy goof. Anyway... life goes on right? :-P

Your snowboarding experiences sound like the couple or three I've had. I prefer not to do it honestly. I like to take walks in the snow... but anything beyond that especially if I have to have my feet strapped to anything... doesn't work to well. :-P

Anyway - Sounds like you're pretty good natured about the whole thing so. :-) Keep at it and you'll probably get pretty good eventually. Of course that is assuming that you don't break something before then of course. ;-)



Catch you later -

Heidi

12:52 AM  
Blogger m_cantar said...

As far as the Jeep goes, it sounds like a problem I had a while back. Well, at least that's what "bucking" brings to mind. I can tell you with 90% certainty that it has something to do with the gas. Or possibly the carburetor (try putting in an Edelbrock carburetor). For me, it was a new fuel pump, and some other components along the gas line. Jeeps are a pain, but I love 'em. So that's my two cents. Keep us posted on any results.

7:48 PM  
Blogger m_cantar said...

Oh and one more thing...check out the ifsja.org. You'll find a lot of answers on there.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Ray said...

I don't know anything about your jeep, or what you've already done, but I spent three months chasing a "bucking" problem around a 1996 Jeep Cherokee. I eventually solved the problem by switching to a higher octane fuel. Something about the older engines and the falling quality of gas causes the straight-six to choke. Can't explain it, but I know it works. Hope you've recovered from the snowboarding wound!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very impressed by this post, this site has always been pleasant news. Thank you very much for such an interesting post. Keep working, great job! In my free time, I like play game: imgtaram. What about you?

4:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


the Pokemon Go Hacks is the one of the best ios,android App tutuapp free store to get thetons of free app and game. spotify++ apk Here the latest version of TutuApp of free.

12:49 AM  
Blogger infotech Zone 93 said...

Top Rated, Leading Finance Assessment Company in Eugeneinment in Eugene, Lane County, Oregon

CSK Dynamic Ventures LLC in Eugene, Oregon

Contact CSK Dynamic Ventures LLC in Eugene, Oregon

Business ventures in oregon

Finance Venture Company in oregon





Infotech Zone - Best Web Design, Best Web Development, Best Digital Marketing Company in Ludhiana, Punjab

Top Rated Best Graphic Designing, Best Web Design, Best Web Development and Best Digital Marketing Company in Ludhiana, Punjab

Top Rated SEO, SMO, Web Design and Digital Marketing Company in Ludhiana, PunjabInfotech Zone - Best Web Design, Best Web Development, Best Digital Marketing Company in Ludhiana, Punjab

5:16 AM  
Blogger bataiu said...

Wow amazing app, you can try this app GO Launcher Apk

3:43 AM  
Blogger ellaliamop said...

The Whatsapp plus Today we all are using many social apps like WhatsApp, Instagram, Gb whatsapp Facebook, and many more. WhatsApp.This is the best time to download the latest version of Yowhatsapp and you’ll get the best version of WhatsApp on your devices.Fmwhatsapp is the mod version of
WhatsApp, FMWhatsApp Apk which offers you a Mod version.

4:33 AM  
Blogger Shubham Singh Thakur said...

Download and introduce Whatsapp plus
application from here: Download WA Tweakers We give the authority WATweaker. We are simply giving you direct connections of the application. We have given full credits to the engineer of the application and you can likewise give him beneath given connection in footer:) We will continue to share direct connections of the application.

pokemon go

hydrabts

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home