Tuesday, May 11, 2004

BRM update...

Big day at the range today. It’s RM7&8… the first time the Privates see pop-up targets. Rm7 is single targets only, and RM8 introduces multiple targets. My platoon actually shot very well today. They were knocking the hell out of the 300 Meter targets, which is a good sign. They actually had more trouble with the middle ranges until they learned to adjust their point of aim to account for the trajectory of the round. I think I had a total of 5 “nogos” at the end of the day, which is not too bad. I’m not sure how Ranger95 did with his platoon… you’d have to ask him. I would talk smack and crack jokes, but somebody might misunderstand and take me seriously. I would rather get “beat” in the platoon rivalry and shoot well as a Company than to “win” and have a miserable showing overall. When you get right down to it, the only thing that really matters is all the individual Privates getting to their combat units “good to go”.

It’s kinda funny how this cycle has worked out. We started out with a bunch of hardheaded Privates, but didn’t have any quitters for a relatively long time. But now that they have had a while to figure out that they are actually, in all likelihood, going to go to war sometime soon, they are starting to thin out lol.

Honestly, I should be pissed… and I am in a way sometimes. It pisses me off that some people’s oath of enlistment doesn’t mean anything to them. It pisses me off that some people want to “serve” their country until they figure out what service really means.

But it really doesn’t piss me off that they want to quit now. I will try to talk to them about it once. I might sometimes talk to them a second time of they are on the fence and are worth the effort. But after that it is really better that they go now, than to wait until someone is counting on them in combat. Not everyone can or should be a soldier. I wish them the best and hope they don’t regret their lack of commitment. Quitting is a habit. I know I couldn’t live with myself, but maybe they can.

I would like to post about the animals we are fighting over in Iraq… but I don’t really think I have time to adequately express my contempt for the type of sub-humans who would authorize their followers to keep as a slave any female soldiers they capture, or who saw the head off of a fellow human being to send a political message. Keep in mind that I am not talking about the average Iraqi. I’m talking specifically about the evil twisted fucks who need to be exterminated from the face of the earth for the sake of all of mankind. And they are not just in Iraq. This war is in no way limited to Iraq, although it is the current front. If you ever doubted the need to be in Iraq, just LOOK AT THE FREAKING NEWS. Is there ANY mission on the face of the earth right now that is more important than eradicating this kind of sick barbarian from the human race? Iraq is not the first and not the last place we will fight them… and if we don’t fight them there we will very likely end up fighting them here.

Anyway… before I get into a full blown rant, I better get some sleep.

Oh yeah… we lost another softball game tonight lol. It was fairly close (meaning “not quite as big a blowout as usual) and about as much fun as losing can be lol.

Practice Qualification starts tomorrow… and within the limits of my previous statement about shooting well as a company, I can’t wait to kick Ranger95’s platoon’s ass. Maybe we should bet a Gatorade on it lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home