Tuesday, April 27, 2004

I know I've been AWOL...

OK... i swear I will post something new soon. I've been pretty busy lately training up the new turds. I did come home early today but had a softball game and just got home. We lost ... again. But it is good fun and more about fellowship than winning.

Of course if we had won I might be jumping up and down on the couch with one finger in the air like "yeeeeaaarrgh!!!!" ...howling like Howard Dean after a Robitussin cocktail.

But since we lost... it's not about winning lol

Most of the soldiers are doing well. They are getting better every day, and although I had my doubts at first (as always) they will turn out to be some of the best (as always).

They had their final unarmed combat session today and we had the Company Champion for the female soldiers. She put her final opponent out with a bent arm bar pretty quickly.

I had a soldier in formation the other day who was late arriving, and I yelled at hime for showing up late. He is the type of soldier who can always be counted on to say the wrong thing, and his excuse was "I was still pushing out turds, Drill Sergeant" I couldn't help yelling back at him "I've been doing that for a year and a half and I made it to formation!" Of course the formation fell apart laughing... it's hard to stay mad when you have such a good audience lol.

Anyway... I will write something worthwhile soon... bear with me. Red Phase will be over next week and things will be a little more normal.

...out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home