Tuesday, October 05, 2004

just a thought...

I heard an interesting fact today in light of the hysterical screeching by the left about VP Cheney and Halliburton. (EEEEEEKKKK!!! Halliburton!!! SCANDAL!!! CORRUPTION!!! BLOOD FOR OIL!!!!! BUSH IS THE DEBBIL!!!! EEEEEKK!!!!)

Anyway...

I thought it was interesting that during the Clinton Presidency Halliburton was awarded 2.2 BILLION dollars in NO BID GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS. They were also praised by VP Gore as a "model of efficiency among government contractors" (I may have screwed that quote up a little but that was the gist of it).

And this was during a time when our most significant conflicts were Somalia, Haiti and the Balkans if I remember right... nothing like the multi-theater war we fight now.

And I will give a cash... no wait... an imaginary cash prize to anyone who can tell me who Halliburton's competition would be. I am in the Army. I have been in the Army for around a decade now. I have no recollection of ever hearing about anyone other than KBR (Kellogg Brown and Root... subsidiary of Halliburton) doing the contracting work on a deployment. Of course my only significant deployment has been in Haiti, but I'm sure I would have at least heard the name if they had some significant competition that was capable of doing the things they do on the scale that they do.

I could be, and likely am, wrong. But I would be very grateful if ANYONE can tell me the name of a company besides Halliburton who COULD have been awarded a contract that size and done it as well as they do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NONE....you are correct. HALL, KBR, B&R are known to hit the ground running and support troops in a matter of hours. I wish the media would talk to you guys "The soldiers" and get your feed backs on the services that contractors are supplying.
CDM

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home