Friday, April 22, 2005

I got a nose job...

OK… not really a nose job. I had surgery to fix a deviated septum. It sucks. I have these two splint things in my nose and I have to breathe through my mouth for awhile apparently. I figured I better do it now while we’re on cycle break though, or I would never have it done. I get two weeks of convalescent leave for it to heal up… that’s good. On the other hand, it’s a lot more uncomfortable than I thought it would be.

It looks like we are going to have a decent cycle break though. How long for me will depend on whether I stay in E Co or go back to one of the regular companies now. I wouldn’t mind staying in E Co, but wherever they put me is fine. I only have about 2-3 more cycles to go anyway.

There are several things I want to write about right now. One thing that’s been bothering me is the opportunistic cheap shots being taken at Christianity in general under the guise of criticism of the new Pope. I’m not Catholic, but it really makes me angry to see him being attacked for being conservative of all things. Of course they are throwing in anything else they can find also, to include the insane idea that he is a Nazi of all things. I know that if I were German I would be even more furious, since the only justification for the accusation is the fact that he was a member of the Hitler youth for a while. Of course, membership in the Hitler youth was COMPULSORY after 1941, meaning that practically every German of a similar age was inducted at some point. He was apparently released shortly after insisting that membership was incompatible with his seminary work, but that won’t stop the sensational and irresponsible allegations from being thrown around wildly.

The idea that the Pope should be anything but conservative is ridiculous to me. To attack him for standing his ground and trying to hold the line against the rising tide of moral and spiritual relativism is absurd. He is doing what we all should be doing. I don’t even know that much about Catholicism, but I know that he is off to a great start, simply by virtue of the ferocity and urgency of the attacks leveled at him from all sides. As I’ve said before, judge me by who my enemies are, and as far as I’m concerned, he has made all the right ones. I wish him the best in what is sure to be a difficult stand against liberalism, moral and spiritual relativism, and the secularist, homosexual, and humanistic agendas around the world.

Anyway, tangent complete, time to go doctor my schnozz and kill some pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home