Wednesday, October 26, 2005

It's on...

It looks like I will be fighting for Fort Jackson in the 2005 All-Army Combatives Tournament at Fort Benning in a few weeks. I'll fight in the 205 and under weight class.

We just finished my last BRM ever, and by the way, I hit my goal of 90% first time Gos for the first time. I've been trying to hit 90% for three years and the closest I've ever been is around 85%, so it's a great way to finish up. The bad part is that BRM has been taking up all my time so now I only have about 10 days to get ready for this tournament.

The preliminary rounds are all Jiu Jitsu. No problem. My ground game is pretty good.

The Semi-final and final rounds are a little more contact oriented :)

They will be open hand to the face and fists, feet, and knees to the body during semi's, and during the finals it'll be just about anything except elbows. And you can't kick to the head or neck if they're on the ground.

Wins will be by KO, TKO, submission or points.

Wish me luck... I'm off to the gym.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back and posting, as a former Drill Sgt I look forward to your posts. Do you know any other Drill Sgt blog sites? Good job with the BRM, I always took pride in my platoon BRM percentages and good luck with the tournament.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Chevy Rose said...

Jitsu? Does it have anything to do with Knuckle-Balls?....hahaha
Good Luck and make 'em all say "uncle".

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 90% that's wonderful! Should I say Best of Luck or Break a Leg for the tournament? *grin* Oh yeah, now that I've moved, I now have more cable stations... will they be filming this for the Military Channel??? You could be a tv star...

1:14 AM  
Blogger Jenifer D. said...

Nice to see you back, finally! I thought you were dead, or changed genders or something! ;-)

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home