Thursday, April 08, 2004

The struggle continues...

OK... actually it's not that bad.

I think I have the hang of most of the basics. Thank you to everyone who offered advice or different sites and tutorials. So far I have ... well, not mastered ... but at least become familiar with links, fonts, and colors. This is not to say I'm satisfied with the page yet, but I have a general idea of how to tweak it.

Tonight's mission: Tables and graphics.
Actually the mission might take a week or more since we pick up soldier's tomorrow and I won't have any time to work on it unless I do it when I get home around 2100.

I added some links to Military Gear. Needless to say, I don't get paid by anybody to advertise, and I only put em up there if I use or have used their products and think they are worthwhile. This does not mean they are cheap though. I am of the mind that you get what you pay for 80% of the time.

I'm actually looking forward to picking up soldiers again. If anybody followed our progress on the xanga site, you know we had a pretty good cycle. We are starting the new PT program this cycle also. This should be interesting. It is almost a return to the daily dozen they used to do back in the day, with some variations and additions. The idea is to get away from training for an APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test-Pushups/Situps/2Mile Run) and focus on a more well-rounded overall level of fitness. I was worried at first that it would be weak and ineffective, and certain exercises I'm still not sure about, but the complete workout when done correctly gives you a pretty good workout.

My goals for this cycle:

1. Have the most disciplined, tough, combat ready soldiers in C Company. This is a given. Our platoon will kick ass as usual. I have some of the best partners around and we are all strict disciplinarians. We don't put up with any bullsh*t from our soldiers, and by the end of the cycle they love us for it. Once it's over, everybody wants to say they were in the hardest platoon. Ours mean it.

2. Hit 90% "first time go's" on qualification day in BRM (Basic Rifle Marksmanship) and 100% qualified at the end of the day. We hit the 100% this last time, but only shot around 80% the first time. This isn't bad, but we can do better.

3. Blow the other platoons out of the water in Physical Fitness. We did this last cycle as well, but had two soldiers fail the first time. They both passed on the retest, but they shouldn't have been close enough to have a chance of failure. Still, our average score was far above any other platoons. If I remember correctly it was around a 250 average, which is outstanding for a Basic Training platoon. We'll shoot for a 260 this time. (150 points, with at least 50 in each event, is the minimum score to graduate from Basic Training.)

Now it's in print, so I can look back in 9 weeks and see how we did.

anyway, enough for now

... out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home