Sunday, October 30, 2005

Training up...

I haven't posted a lot lately, but I have been spending a lot of time training. One of my computers, the one I usually posted from, kicked the bucket. It's probably fixable, I just haven't even messed with it. It just refused to boot up one day, so I unplugged it and haven't touched it since. It had a lot of writing on it though... that will suck if I can't get it going again.

It also had a lot of my email addresses on it, and if Ron or Dave or anyone else who hasn't emailed me within the last few weeks reads this, email me so I will have it on this computer.

The trainup is going well. I was on the verge of overtraining for a while, but I took today off and feel much better. I've been working out in the gym a few hours a day, then working on the ground for a few hours with the guys from Ft Jackson, and then working on boxing and NHB focused stuff at night with some civilian guys.

I'm amazed how much I have to learn about boxing and NHB fighting. The civilian guys I'm working with are awesome. I absolutely can't say enough good things about them. I won't put any names up here without talking to them first, but if anyone is interested in Martial Arts and NHB training in the Columbia, SC area, let me know and I can recommend them to you. If you're looking for a bunch of cocky loudmouths though, don't bother. These guys are no-nonsense, highly skilled, and all about what works in reality, whether it's on the mat or on the street. (by the way, NHB=No Holds Barred. Also known as full contact, or Mixed Martial Arts)

I keep running different strategies and scenarios through my head, but it's all going to depend on who I fight each time and what their strong point seems to be. I think I just need to take it one fight at a time and focus on a solid ground game. I probably need to rack up a few points as soon as possible, then I can take my time and work on a submission. I'd rather not win on points, but I don't want to get tied up and run out of time... and honestly, I'll take any win I can get if it moves me toward the SemiFinals and Finals. I'm also trying to balance my training between sharpening my ground game for the Prelims and being ready to stand up and strike if it's called for in the Semi's and Finals.

I probably need to clear my head a little. I might go deer hunting once this week, just to think about something else for awhile before we go.

Oh yeah... I bought the new Robert Jordan book, but haven't started reading it yet. It should be pretty good. It's been so long since I read any of them I had to back up and read the last few to remember what was going on. They're great books, but it sucks that he's not done writing them yet, so you have to wait a year or so between them. It's the same problem with George RR Martin, who should have another one written by now, but apparently doesn't.

Anyway, enough rambling for now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drill Sergeant Rob I really love your post, keep up the good work!
I got a online dating blog/site also, It's a free information site on online dating
plus other stuff.
You should check it out if you get the chance :-)

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drill Sergeant Rob I really love your post, keep up the good work!
I got a dating blog/site also, It's a free information site on dating
plus other stuff.
You should check it out if you get the chance :-)

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob ! Jim and I have been trying to reach you . Mail me your info at litch6799@yahoo.com or pancreasjoe@msn.com . Your number isnt taking incoming calls . Good luck with your fights .

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drill Sergeant Rob I really love your post, keep up the good work!
I got a american single blog/site also, It's a free information site on american single
plus other stuff.
You should check it out if you get the chance :-)

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man. You don't know me but I'm pretty interested in MMA training and I'm moving to the Columbia, SC area. Is there any chance you could email me any of those guys contact info at jonludovina@gmail.com? That'd be awesome. Thanks

5:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Rob I just saw your blog while searching for some MMA or NHB gyms. Im living up in the columbia area for the summer before I leave for Benning (IOBC). Id like to do a little training, if you could email me some of the places you recomend. (Cullen.Metzler@gmail.com)

Thanks.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home