Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Update...

Won't talk about work except to say that I got a good bunch of soldiers. I'll try to train em up right in spite of unmentioned issues.

I escaped the company for two weeks to go to the Level Two Modern Army Combatives course. It's still mostly ground based. I thought there would be more kickboxing etc, but that's in Level Three. We were on Day Two today. The course is ten days long. It's already kicking my ass. There's nothing like fighting for several hours straight to make you feel your age. Actually the youngsters were just as smoked as I was so maybe it's not age... it's just an asskicker of a course. I hope they are whining as much to their wives as I was to mine tonight. I get no sympathy anyway. Traci's been married to a Drill Sergeant for too long. She just tells me to "suck it up" and stop whining lol.

Anyway, I'll post more in a few days and post some pictures of our dragons. (We have six now... it's a long story. In fact it's a long story that still doesn't justify having six... but oh well.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're making me feel like a real slug - I don't get up and work out like that and I really should do way more than I do... I shall take this as inspiration. *grin*

Now we're waiting on pics of your dragons... six - OMG. LOL.

9:57 AM  
Blogger janie said...

SIX???
I know they are cute... but SIX??

How big of a housing unit did you get? How many heat lamps?? If I didn't do daycare...I would love to have lizards again!

3:07 AM  
Blogger broadcastmike said...

DAmn, dude, level 2! I'm heading to the field this week -- 10 days and a wake up 'til graduation -- and as soon as we come out we go right into level 1 here at Benning. Can't wait to get that hat and get to work!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm such a lazy bastard. ;) Back in college I studied Taijutsu, Paqua, and HsingI and considered myself somewhat competent. To this day I can tell a "fighter" from a "martial artist" from a mile away just by how they walk.

I read over the Modern Combatives stuff and it makes me wanna pack up and head off to class with ya! Sounds like a blast!

Give'm Hell...and as for the work stuff...you are on the short stick now, hang in there. ;)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home