Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Need a space shuttle launched?

...each time I launch one my computer almost pays for itself.


I bought a new computer that I didn't need. My old one went kaput. I tried everything to get it to boot up, but couldn't get anything. I went to the comp store to buy a reasonable, affordable CPU to go with all my other crap. I intended to buy something affordable, but finally decided on the 5 GHz, 2500 front side bus, 10 Gigs of RAM, 6,575 Gig hard drive, candy apple red, supercharged megacomputer with Nitrous Oxide and 18 inch rims and the optional napalm canisters. Then I found out that for only 1500$ more I could have one that Bill Gates once rested a coffee mug on in the warehouse. So I got that one.

Then I took it home and figured out that my old one was fine. My 6 month old monitor had died.

So then I had two computers and no monitor. I went and bought a new one for the supercomputer, and hooked up my first ever old CRT monitor to the old computer.

Of course then I had to go buy the stuff for a wireless LAN. Because it's cooool. It took me no time at all to hook up the LAN... but it took me about 2 days to figure out all the encryption stuff.

The computer's got the Windows XP Media Center program on it. It's pretty nice. You can do a lot with it as far as integrating it into everything else in the house. So far all I've done is hook it up to the cable though so I can record UFC, the Sopranos, and Deadwood onto my hard drive.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Computer Guys said...

Yo, you have a Terrific blog here! Lots of content means more readers, more readers means more interaction!
I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a
window xp upgradesite/blog. It pretty much covers window xp upgrade related stuff.
Come take a Look when you get a chance. :-)

6:34 PM  
Blogger The Computer Guys said...

Yo, you have a Terrific blog here! Lots of content means more readers, more readers means more Sales!
I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a window xp x64window xp x64 site/blog. It pretty much covers window xp x64 Problems with your Windows Xp Computing !
Come and check it out if you get time We are just a Click Away ! :-)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home